Saturday 26 March 2016

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

Lady Midnight book review!

So a few days ago I finished the brilliant, the wonderful Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare and wow, was it good.

I know loads of people are saying it's just going to be like her other books in the Shadow world but it really isn't, in my opinion anyway. I think it is good that Cassandra Clare has created this world and is writing various series set within that world. That doesn't mean they are the same book! 

Anyway without spoiling anything I just want to say that you should all read this book especially if you are a fan of the mortal instruments and the infernal devices. This book is definitely not one to missed. 

I have to say you can really see Cassandra Clare's writing and plots develop with each and every book she writes. The Lady Midnight plot is A star and then plot twists are just as fantastic as I have come expect from Cassandra Clare. 

So definitely go and get a copy of Lady Midnight as soon as you can however be warned once you start it is impossible to put down again, it is all you will be able to think about! I will recommend however if you haven't already, reading the Shadowhunter Academy novellas. It isn't nessessarily essential to read them but it will definitely give you a deeper understanding of certain things that happen in Lady Midnight otherwise facts will be told to you very quickly and you might not take them in! There is also the added bonus that they are all about Simon, on his journey to becoming a Shadowhunter!

This is all I can really say for the non-spoiler section, as I don't want to say anything about the book itself that could potentially be a spoiler! 

Buy Lady Midnight here: 

*Spoiler section- Continue at your own risk!

I'm going to start with my thoughts on the characters of Lady Midnight. 

Firstly Mark Blackthorn, I love him he is so funny with his faerie ways! That scene where Mark apologised to the phone box for bumping into it and then when Julian asked him to try to act normal, he was so confused!

Then there is Julian Blackthorn, I personally find it impossible not to like him, he loves his family more than life itself and has basically been the father of the family since he was twelve.

Emma is so strong and although she does make quite a few mistakes I do like her. I think the worst mistake was when she tried the Will Herondale approach with Jules only she took it a step further and involved poor Mark as well. Those last words in the book when Mark asked her 'Why lie?' I'm hoping got her thinking but we'll see what happens in the next book, which comes out April 2017. I can't wait that long!

I'm not going to go through every character so I will do the rest in a group. I love Christina she is so strong and is always very reasonable and reliable. She is the member of the group that keeps everyone on the right path. I also just want to mention the twins, Tiberius and Livvy, I love how they are able to use modern technology to help them solve cases. They are so much more tuned into the mundane world than previous Shadowhunters we have met.

I can't believe Malcolm Fade, I trusted him! I understand why he felt he had to do what he did but even still he betrayed those who thought of him as a friend and I can't forgive him. Why would he take poor Tavvy, who is only seven years old? Also is he really dead? Emma didn't check, she just assumed, so how can we be sure?

One final point, so the big battle is over but Cassandra Clare doesn't leave it there, oh no. Now if you have read the Shadowhunter Academy you will have read the story of the lost Herondale so this revelation will me a lot more to you. Tessa and Jem has found the lost Herondale line and who is the Herondale they have found? Johnny Rook's son, Kit. Kit is a Herondale and that may have excited me a little too much.

This book was fantastic and I have been in a reading slump ever since. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...