Saturday 8 October 2016

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

Hi!

Today I am going to be reviewing the fifth book in the Throne of Glass series by the Queen of fantasy Sarah J. Maas. I feel like I won't do this book any justice in my review because it is just so fantastic so all I can do is urge you to read the latest installment of the series regardless of what I say here.  If you have no idea what this series even is, where have you been? However ever there is no need to worry because I have a review of the first book which isn't great as its my first ever review but it will tell you what the book is about.

My review of the first book for anyone interested:
http://youneedtoreadthese.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fantasy-corner-throne-of-glass-review.html

 So, where do I even start in reviewing this amazing book! I am very sorry but this review is probably going to be all over the place but I hope you like it all the same!

I was so nervous but excited for this book and the lead up to its release was just great.  I had so many speculations and expectations for this book and Sarah J. Maas did not disappoint.

There isn't very much I can say as I don't want to give anything away because trust me when I say you don't want this book spoiled for you so if you haven't read it yet, please go away but definitely come back when you have!

*SPOILER SECTION

The book opens up with a chapter from Elena's perspective all those years ago and I thought this was quite interesting to begin with.

Something that annoyed me and it's a point I think everyone noticed (it was quite obvious) was the complete lack of Chaol. Chaol is one of all-time favourite characters in this series even after the last book Queen Of Shadows. Yes, the way he behaved last book annoyed me but I can understand and the amount of hate he got upsets me. I mean Aelin told him that the only thing to do would be to kill his best friend, how would you react to that? Even look at the way Celaena/Aelin reacted when she dicovered Nehema. Anyone that was a minor problem I had with Empire Of Storms but hopefully he will be back next book.

Manon. When Manon was introduced to us back in Heir Of Fire I wasn't really interested, in fact I used to skip her chapters becuase I was just so desperate to get back to the characters I knew. However I really like her now and I feel like we got to see the real her a lot more than we did last book. I cannot believe she is Crochan Queen, I mean how much royalty is there now? I'm really interested to see her character develop further in the next and last (oh no!) book.

Dorian did not disappoint in this book either. His magic continues to impress me and I can't wait for him to get some proper training so that he can be as powerful as Aelin. I felt so upset when he lost his Kingdom but i'm sure he will get it back. Well, he better get it back, Dorian Havilliard is the best thing that ever happened to Adarlan and he can make such a big difference. I'm a bit scared for him next book because I have a slight feeling that Sarah J. Maas may kill him off. I could be wrong (I hope I am because Dorian is another one of my favourites) because I don't have any reason for thinking this, the thought just came and never left.

I also really want to write about Elide and Lorcan. I am so happy that those two crossed paths and I love to read their chapters and it is so funny how much I really love Lorcan now as I hated him before. I think Elide really helped his true personality come out. I also really love Elide and how loyal she is to Aelin and Terrasen before even meeting her. I love that she didn't buy into what Lorcan told her about Aelin.

I don't really feel the same connection to Aelin that I once did as she has just become so strong and powerful now but I still support her. I am really, really scared for her  especially with the way things were left and I cannot believe I have to wait a year to find out.

Fenrys and Gavriel. The latest additions crew and the once members of Rowan's cadre. Gavriel I think is reasonable to say is definitely the most serious of the two and he takes his oath to Maeve very seriously. Although Gavriel himself, was most certainly not happy when the oath was severed I have to say that I was. I think with time Gavriel will come around to the idea and I am very interested to see how the father-son relationship develops between Gavriel and Aedion in the next book. I was however sad that Fenrys' oath was not severed also but of course Maeve wouldn't give him what he wanted as she wants to punish the two. I hope that Fenrys can find a way to get around Maeve's orders and hopefully leave some clues for Rowan trying to rescue Aelin because she definitely cannot die.

So, that's it for this review, I really hope you liked it. I hope that my reviews are improving as they go along, please let me know!

Bye!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...