Wednesday 12 April 2017

Books I've been Reading and Enjoying


So lately I've read a lot of really great books and I've wanted to write a little something about each of them because I think you might enjoy them too. 

Wing Jones by Katherine Webber

I finished this book in a day. It was just so good I could not put it down. It follows the life of a teenage girl who has always been her brother's shadow. When tragedy strikes her family she struggles to find her feet but then she puts on her running shoes...  

Broken Sky by L.A Weatherly 

I think this book took a lot of inspiration from WW11 in order to create this truly terrifying world where your star sign is the only thing standing between life and death. I would definitely recommend this book to you as it is fast paced and trust me you'll fly through it (I really must stop with these puns. You see, I have a friend who loves, loves, loves puns. She must be a bad influence on me!). 

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken 

What's not to love about this book? It has it all. Adventure, time travel... you know, all the necessary requirements of a good YA book. Plus you know, it's a big book. Yes, I must admit lengthy books do intimidate me quite a bit, especially if said book is the first in a series but trust me when I say. You will wish this book went on longer. I mean it definitely could when the main characters have the ability to travel to different decades than where, sorry, when they were actually born. 


Finding Sky by Joss Stirling

 I actually really liked this book but it was not what I was expecting. At all. I thought I was in for a nice little easy going contemporary. Did I get that though? Nope. But what I did get was great. Like can't stop reading great. Like soulfinder great. Like magical powers great.

So these are just some of the books I've been reading lately. What have you been reading?



 
   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...