Saturday 19 August 2017

The Rapid Fire Book Tag


Hello!

So I have a lot of reviews (and a very very exciting post) lined up and ready to be posted but I just really, really felt like writing a discussion or completing a tag which is why I decided to take part in 'The Rapid Fire Book Tag'. You'll have to wait for the reviews and the exciting post. Sorry!

Anyway I think the idea is for me to answer the questions with the first answer that pops into my head so lets give it a go! Also, just so you are aware, I wasn't actually tagged by anyone to do this, I just like to do these things for my own entertainment. Well, enough rambling, let's get started.

1) E-book or physical book?


Firstly, why is this a question? Secondly, physical book of course!

2) Paperback or hardback?

I always buy paperbacks but that's usually due to price. Both are great in their own way I think!

3) Online or in-store book shopping?


In-store without a doubt. I get so excited about a visit to my local book store it's not even funny.

4) Trilogies or series?


I'm actually really torn with this question. I love a good series but I think every book needs to be as good (if not even better) than the last and sometimes the middle books can give the impression of being a filler used to drag the story out longer. Therefore just to be safe I'll go with trilogies.

5) Heroes or villains?

Heroes unless I get an especially interesting villain...

6) A book you want everyone else to read?


Vendetta by Catherine Doyle. I just really love it and I don't think enough people have read it.

Read my review here.

7) Recommend an underrated author?

Anne Blankman. She writes great historical fiction which really makes you think but is also super entertaining. Read my review of her first book here and hopefully consider reading it! 

8) The last book you finished?


Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt. 

9) Weirdest thing you've used for a bookmark? 

I don't actually know. Usually when I don't have a bookmark I don't tend to use anything! 

10) Used books: yes or no?


Yes!

11) Top three genres?

In no particular order I would probably say: urban fantasy, contemporary and historical? Maybe? 

12) Borrow or buy?

Buy is definitely my preference but I'll admit, it's costly!

13) Character or plot?

Plot.

14) Long or short books?


For the first book in a series somewhere in the middle is great but after that the longer the better! 

15) Name the first three books you think of.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 

The Maze Runner by James Dashner (that's a random one) 

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

16) Books that make you laugh or cry?

Laugh, I think.

17) Our world or fictional?

Both can make great stories but I do love a fictional world. I'm always in awe of the authors imagination!

18) Audiobooks: yes or no?

No. I'm not sure why but I really, really dislike audiobooks.  I think it's just that the voice reading is always to slow for me to get properly into it.

19) Do you ever judge a book by its cover?


Yes, unfortunately. I try not to, but it can't be helped! 

20) Book to movie or book to TV?

Book to TV. I think it gives more time etc for it to be done right. I suppose though that can sometimes back fire. I mean, look at Shadowhunters, I had absolutely no clue what it was doing for a while.

21) A movie or TV show that you preferred to the book? 


The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Look! There it is again). I remember loving the premise and idea but the writing style was very difficult to get into.

22) Series or standalones? 

Series. I need time to get fully invested in the lives of my favourite characters!

Annnndddddd that is it! Since I wasn't tagged to do this I'm not going to tag anybody specific so if you want to do the tag and say I tagged you then go for it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...